Worship Gatherings: Sundays @ 9:30 am
Children & Youth present the Christmas Story – 9:30 am Sun, Dec 14
Christmas Eve Service 5 pm Wed, Dec 24
Under the Clock @ Bavarian/Kroger Mall on M 83/Main St. Frankenmuth (989) 652-8188 – HopeCC@airadv.net
Sunday Worship gatherings patterned after the 1st church
Acts 2:42 – They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship (Greek koinonia lit. “sharing”), to the breaking of bread (Communion/Lord’s Table) and to prayer.
Current Message Series:
Being the “Church” Jesus had in Mind
A Typical Hope Community Worship Gathering:
- Greeting & Reconnecting – 1 Peter 5:14; Romans 16:16
- Praise & Worship – Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord… Ephesians 5:19-20; Colossians 3:16
- Public Reading of Scripture – 1 Timothy 4:13a
- Communion – do this… in remembrance of me – 1 Corinthians 11:23-32—All believers/followers of Jesus, after examining themselves, are invited to participate in communion. Parents are tasked with guiding their children as to when they should start celebrating communion (after he/she has trusted Christ and understands the meaning of communion).
- Sharing – Gifts & Offerings; Stories of God at work – 1 Corinthians 16:1-2; 2 Corinthians 9:6-15; 1 Timothy 6:17-19; Acts 14:27; Romans 12:12,15.
- Prayer – Romans 12:12; Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Timothy 2:1; Hebrews 4:14-16—Those who have a prayer need or praise note are invited to share those in a prayer box at the info booth. We also have people ready and willing to pray with those who desire that.
- Greeting & Reconnecting - kids and teens head to their classes
- Preaching/Teaching from the Bible with an emphasis on how the truth applies to our lives today– see 1 Timothy 4:11,13b; 2 Timothy 3:17; 4:2; Colossians 3:16; Acts 20:20. See “Messages” page for current teaching series and series summaries.
- Responding – Follow up Q&A’s, a response in song, a prayer, or a story related to today’s teaching usually concludes our worship—Acts 17:11 the Bereans …received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
- Nursery is available for 3 and under next to Worship area
- Kid’s Hope Corner – children 4 years old through 5th grade are with us for Praise and Sharing time and then are released during adult teaching time to age appropriate teaching that currently meets in the former Sprint store next door.
- Jr High and High School students also have targeted teaching during the adult teaching time and are involved in service projects & community building activities.